Measure Bra Size
Fact is, most women don’t know they are wearing the wrong size of bra. Either, the bra they’re wearing is too small, too big, or a little bit uncomfortable for them . All of these will contribute to the way how they dress up. In fact, they will definitely not get enough support where they need it the most. There is an easy way to find a correct bra size in order to get the right fit and the correct cup size. Get a tape measure and follow the steps below.
- Take off your shirt and get your tape measure ready. Stand up properly and in relaxed manner. Do not tuck your tummy purposely or suck in your ribcage.
- Measure the width of your body directly under the breasts. If the result is an odd number, add 5. If it falls under even number, add 6. This measurement is now your band size.
- The next thing to measure is the bust size. Make sure that you have taken the measurement to the fullest part of the breasts.
- After you get the results, simply subtract the band size from the bust size. The result will determine the cup size that you need.
It is not enough that we determine the cup size. There are some cases when numbers are not enough to spot the perfect bra for you. Here’s another guide as a supplement to the first one given above. Remember these facts until you get the correct cup size. Cups should lift, support and shape your boobs.
- The cup should cover all your breasts. If there’s spillage, then the cup size may be too small for you. First, check the tension on the band. Then when it still won’t do, go up another cup size.
- The breasts must not look like they are squeezed in the center. If your shoulder is too wide to look at and breasts narrow, then go up for another cup size.
- When you fit the bra cups, make sure that they are not gapping. Otherwise, go up for another cup size. The underwire should sit flat. There should be no gaps between your bra and your body.
- A bra is a perfect for you if it fits, looks good and supports you. There should be no slack at the back which means you can perfectly move your two fingers on the band when you wear it.
- The band must follow a horizontal line around your body. Stand on your side and look at the mirror. This way you can check if they have horizontal line.